Creamy Ginger Pumpkin Soup
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 apple diced
- 2 cups pumpkin puree or 1 15 oz can
- 1 tablespoon date sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- Combine all ingredients, except water and cashews, in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 1/2 hour.
- Remove bay leaves, then puree the soup with an immersion blender or in batches with a regular blender.
- Combine water and cashews in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into soup and stir until thickened and heated through.