- Pressure cooker or large skillet with lid
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 2 large leeks, sliced white and light green parts only
- 1/2 savoy cabbage, chopped regular green or purple cabbage is fine
- 1 bunch kale, chopped I prefer lacinato, but curly is fine.
- 4 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Soak the cashews in 1 cup of the vegetable broth in a blender. Set aside.
- Combine potatoes, leeks, cabbage, and two cups of vegetable broth in a large skillet.
- Cover and let simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add kale and continue to cook until wilted.
- Add the white pepper and nutmeg to the cashew and broth mixture and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add cashew cream to the potato mixture and mash everything together, adding additional broth as needed. It should be smoother and creamier than regular mashed potatoes, almost like a soup.
- Follow instructions as above, except set your pressure cooker for 10 minutes.