Coconut Lime Cupcakes (Vegan and Oil Free)
Servings 1 dozen
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 3/4 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice about 2 or 3 limes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with 12 large baking cups.
- Whisk together dry ingredients, including lime zest. Set aside.
- Whisk together liquid ingredients and pour into dry mixture.
- Fold until just combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into the 12 baking cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Top with your favorite frosting.
This recipe can easily be doubled for 2 dozen cupcakes or a 9" 2-layer cake.