- 2 packages Mori Nu extra firm silken tofu
- 12 oz vegan chocolate chips
- 1 or 2 tbsp sweetener (optional, depending on how sweet your chocolate chips are)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (optional)
In a small double boiler (I use a stainless steel bowl in a regular saucepan, melt chocolate chips over very low heat until smooth.
Meanwhile, blend tofu, sweetener, vanilla, and salt (optional) in a food processor until smooth.
Add melted chocolate and blend until completely incorporated, scraping the sides of your food processor, as necessary.
Pour into favorite raw or pre-baked pie crust or use the recipe below.
Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Easy Raw Chocolate Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until it is a coarse meal that holds together when pressed.
Press into a pie plate with your fingers or a spatula.
Makes 1 regular pie crust. (My pie plate is deep dish, so one recipe does not go all the way up the sides, as shown in the picture above.)