Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake (Vegan and Oil Free)
Categories : Dessert
Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup date syrup
- 1/2 cup aquafaba whipped until peaks form
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules optional
- 1 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1/4 tsp almond extract optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two 9" round cake pans with parchment paper or muffin pans with 24 baking cups.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Whisk together wet ingredients, except whipped aquafaba.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in whipped aquafaba until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into cake pans.
- Bake 30 minutes for cake or 20 minutes for cupcakes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.