Chiles Rellenos Casserole (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
- 4 poblano peppers roasted skinned, and seeded
- 1 recipe cashew cheese sauce with 1 tbsp Cholula added uncooked
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine tofu, non-dairy milk, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and black pepper in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a 9x9 baking dish.
- Fill each poblano with cashew cheese sauce and place in egg mixture, making sure there is one filled poblano in each quarter of the dish.
- Drizzle any remaining cashew cheese sauce over poblano/egg mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving.