July 12, 2013
Chickpea (Garbanzo) Burgers (Vegan, Gluten Free, and Oil Free)
Categories : Main Dish
Chickpea (Garbanzo) Burgers
- 1 carrot
- 1 handful raw spinach
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt free seasoning of your choice
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or GF bread crumbs
- Roughly chop the carrot and put in a food processor with the spinach. Process until finely chopped.
- Add the chickpeas to the food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Place chickpea mixture in a large mixing bowl and stir in remaining ingredients, except bread crumbs.
- Let sit a few minutes to let the milled flax seed firm up the mixture. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide the mixture into fourths and shape into four patties.
- Coat patties with bread crumbs.
- Place patties on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn patties over and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite burger condiments.