- 5 cups vegetable broth divided
- 1 cup grits or polenta
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Whisk together 4 cups broth and grits in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer over medium low heat, whisking constantly, until thick and bubbly. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth.
- Pour cashew mixture into the grits and whisk until thick and bubbly again over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.