December 5, 2013
Cashew Cheese Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free)
For nacho cheese, add 1 tbsp Cholula or other hot sauce.
For queso dip, add 1 cup salsa and 1 cup vegan taco meat, if desired.
For beer cheese dip, substitute half of the broth for beer (I prefer Shiner Bock) and add 1/8 tsp cayenne, if desired.
Cashew Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon white or black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth
- Transfer to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thick and bubbly.