Buffalo Cauliflower (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry or gluten free flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 cups whole wheat or gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 cup favorite hot sauce or buffalo sauce I use Frank's Red Hot for this.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into pieces and set aside.
- Combine flour, water, and seasonings in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Place bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip cauliflower pieces in flour and water mixture and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place on a silicone or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake on top rack for 10 minutes, turn, and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Toss baked cauliflower pieces in hot sauce, return to the baking sheet, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
This recipe works well with a variety of vegetables, especially mushrooms and zucchini. They are great with our without sauce. Also try with BBQ, honey mustard, or sriracha. Get creative!