Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or GF flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs or GF bread crumbs
- favorite hot sauce or Buffalo sauce I prefer Frank's Red Hot for this.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.; Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into pieces and set aside.
- Combine flour, water, and seasonings in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Place bread crumbs in another bowl.; Dip cauliflower pieces in flour and water mixture and then coat with breadcrumbs.; Place on a silicone or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake on top rack for 15 minutes, turn, and bake an additional 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Toss baked cauliflower pieces in hot sauce, return to the baking sheet, and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
This recipe works well with a variety of vegetables, especially mushrooms and zucchini. They are great with our without sauce. Also try with BBQ, honey mustard, or sriracha. Get creative!