January 19, 2013
Brownies (Vegan and Oil Free)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (or water + 3 tbsp milled flaxseed)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional Ingredients (add one or more!)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- spoonfuls of peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Combine wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until combined.
Fold in optional ingredient(s), if desired.
Spoon batter into baking dish and bake 25-30 minutes.
Makes 9 brownies.