Brown Rice Pudding (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/4 " fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Soak rice in water for at least an hour.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except 1 cup water and cashews, cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower heat, cover, and let cook at a low simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, blend 1 cup water and cashews in a blender until completely smooth.
- Whisk into rice mixture.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks, ginger, cloves, and cardamom pods.
- Serve warm or cold and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.