Broccoli and Chickpea Pasta with Lemony Tahini Sauce
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzos)
- 8 ounces whole grain or gluten free pasta
- 1/4 cup tahini
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
- 2 shallots chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place broccoli and chickpeas on a baking sheet.
- Roast in oven until broccoli starts browning.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente, according to instructions on package.
- Rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, except shallots, in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute shallots until slightly browned.
- Use a small amount of broth or water to prevent sticking, if necessary.
- Add broccoli, chickpeas, pasta, and sauce to the skillet, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened.
- Add additional broth if you want a creamier dish.