January 11, 2014
Basic Waffles or Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten Free, and Oil Free)
Categories : Breakfast
Basic Waffles or Pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry or gluten free flour
- 3 tablespoons date sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed plus 3 tablespoons water
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Set side.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk wet mixture into dry mixture until combined. Add more non-dairy milk if too thick.
- Once it is mixed, do not stir again.
- For pancakes, heat a nonstick skillet, spoon in enough batter to make your desired size of pancakes. Flip when bubbles in the middle pop and the batter does not close in on itself. If the pancakes brown too much before this happens, your skillet is too hot. If your pancakes do not bubble up, your skillet is not hot enough.
- For waffles, spoon in the batter and cook as directed by your waffle iron.