The Best Basic Hummus
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil optional
- Blend tahini and water in a blender or food processor until creamy.
- Bend in garlic, salt, cumin, sumac, and lemon juice.
- Add chickpeas and oil (or additional water, if necessary) and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve as is, garnished with additional sumac and/or pine nuts, or add in your favorite flavors, such as sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, or artichokes. The possibilities are endless!