Barmbrack or Bara Brith
- 2 cups dried fruit I use 1/2 cup each: raisins, currants, cranberries, and chopped apricots
- 2 cups freshly brewed black tea
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Soak dried fruit in tea for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour in fruit and tea mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into a parchment lined bread pan and bake for 1 hour (or until toothpick comes out clean).