- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Combine flour, date sugar, baking powder, salt (optional), cinnamon, and ginger in a large mixing bowl.
Combine remaining ingredients, except nuts, in a medium mixing bowl.
Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold until combined. Fold in nuts, if desired.
Spoon batter into lined muffin cups.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 10-12 muffins.