April 10, 2014
Almond Cookies (Vegan and Oil Free)
Categories : Dessert
Servings 2 1/2 dozen
- 2 cups raw almonds plus more for garnish
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup date syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put almonds in a food processor and grind until it gets close to turning into almond butter.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and process until combined, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Add wet ingredients and process just until the dough forms.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, place cookie dough on a baking sheet and press slightly into round cookie shapes. Press an almond into the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until golden brown.